Hello, I am Hannah Hamlin an Eoshealth intern and a type 1 diabetic. I am excited about our personalized and interactive diabetes program that is focused on the individual. This accessible program increases the health of your diabetic employees by reducing A1C levels and the number of ER visits. This benefits you significantly by reducing healthcare and prescription costs, while increasing the profit margin of your company. This has been proven by statistics collected from corporations such as HomeDepot and the City of Seattle who are currently using our program. Give Eoshealth the opportunity to show you how to increase both the health of your employees and your company’s profit margin.
This is my elevator speech. First week on the job and I’m already using what I learned at the Students with Diabetes Conference this year. This week we were given lots of company information to review so that we can get a working idea of exactly what EosHealth does. Let me just say… they do an awful lot. I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with such an innovative company. I truly think that they have the capacity to change healthcare for diabetics.
We began our week with a conference call online, it is very convenient to meet this way because the interns and employees are spread across the country. We were given an overview of the projects going on in the company now and a breakdown of what each intern will be working on. We were taught how to use on online database to view and edit company documents. We have scheduled an intern meeting once a week where we will have a video call and go over what we have been working on with some of the company employees. Everyone working for EosHealth is nice and easy going. I love that!
I am anxious to get started on my assignment and to feel like I am benefiting the company in some way or another. Being a part of their programs is truly honoring.
Things I have learned this week:
- Being an intern is slightly intimidating.
- Elevator speeches are easy to write and difficult to present.
- As a company member… I feel like a kid trying to act like a professional. I’m just hoping it doesn’t come across that way to everyone else. Haha.
- Online meetings are amazing because I don’t have to deal with Houston traffic. (Which is completely insane with a bunch of cowboys driving over-sized trucks. Ain’t nobody got time for that.)
- Working from home is sort of like studying in your dorm room… it’s really hard to focus. I think I’m going to have to set up a clear schedule for myself and stick to it.
- EosHealth is an amazing company and I am so lucky to be able to work with them.
I have decided to keep a weekly blog and recap my week each weekend.
Until next week, Hannah